JD BathRestore – Bath Chip Repairs
Repairing the surface of a damaged bath, shower tray, sink or basin can save a vast amount of time and money in comparison to a replacement. This can become clear when factoring in not only the cost of the new item, but also the cost of the labour involved in the replacement process.
Damage such as chips, scratches, cracks, holes or general wear and tear can be made good to baths, shower trays, sinks, basins and vanity units.
Depending on how bad the damage is, bath repairs can usually take between 1-3 hours to complete, with the repairs being colour matched by adding tints in small doses until the correct colour is achieved. All our chip and crack repairs come with a 2 year guarantee.
Bath Chip Repair: How we do it.
- Remove damaged sections ready for repair.
- Fill the repair area in the bath, shower tray, sink or basin.
- Cure and profile the filled area to the correct shape.
- Apply adhesion promoter to provide a bond to the repair area.
- Prime the repair area.
- Resurface with the correct colour coating.
- Leave for the proper amount of time to dry.